About the Creative City:
As a Creative City of Music, Ghent envisages:
- actively participating in the activities of the UCCN and in the Creative Cities of Music sub-network;
- looking for realistic ways of building lasting cooperation between the member cities of the music sub-network and of the broader Network;
- enforcing the 2014 – 2019 “Action Plan – Ghent Music City”;
- strengthening the existing music scene;
- developing concrete actions and events with local actors, such as enhancing the existing Day of the Music Education; and
- providing actors in the local music sector with opportunities to gain greater international experience and exposure.
Dep. of the Ex. Board Cultural Service
City of Ghent
Facts and Figures
Ghent is a port and university city. City is one of Belgium’s most beautiful communities. Conveniently located between Brussels and Bruges. Gent features medieval buildings, canals and a host of tourist attractions.
The metropolitan area, including the outer commuter zone, covers an area of 1,205 km2 (465 sq mi).